Holy Cow! Nourishing My Scholar has been nominated for it's first award?! This is amazingly awesome for several reasons. First, Nourishing My Scholar has been nominated by Unschooling Momma and Poppy. This is a blog that I have followed since homeschooling but before we deciding to unschool. I have looked to them for inspiration countless times over the past year. Thank you so much for taking a peek into our own environment. Second, Nourishing My Scholar has only been going since January 2015! Wow!
Now here are the blogs that I am nominating for the Real Neat Blog Award!
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Here are the Questions that were asked of me.
1. What is the one thing you would like for your child/children to take from their childhood? Curiosity. I want them to be curious, always. The more they are curious and ask questions, the more answers they will find.
2. If their was a play list for your life what would be the number one song? Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band
3. Why did you start blogging? Two reason. First I wanted to document all of the fun we had as a family. My kids are always doing such crazy/infuriating/fun/silly things and I usually capture it with the camera. Plus, they are always learning...as am I! Second, we did not fit into the traditional roles of homeschoolers. It was a bit lonely and frustrating for a while. When we finally found our tribe, I realized there are other homeschool families like us...divergents who think outside the box. I wanted others to see that they were not alone on this journey.
4. If you could be remembered for one thing what would it be? That I never did what others told me to do just because it was expected, or tradition, or popular. I always questioned, researched and questioned some more.
5. What is your favorite movie? The Lord of the Ring Trilogy. I am a huge fan!
6. Name one thing that makes you smile. The way each child has a way of saying certain words when they are growing up. When my son was 3 years old it was Ba-cheetahs and Ba-heenas (Cheetahs & Hyenas). For my daughter it is Crokydiwals (Crocodiles) and I smile every time!
7. What has been your biggest challenge as a parent? Patience. You think you have it until you have your first child. Then you realize how little you really possessed. So, you work very hard at having more....then the second child comes and you realize, NOPE. You don't have nearly enough. Everyday is a lesson in patience.
So here are the questions I have for the bloggers I have nominated!
1. What is your favorite book?
2. If you could sit down and talk with anyone in the world, past or present, who would it be?
3. What inspired you to start blogging?
4. If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
5. What would be the one quote that you live by?
6. What has been your biggest challenge as a parent?
7. What are three things you can't live without?
I can’t wait to see all of your answers!